Thursday, July 9, 2020

Around The Holler




My Gosh the Hosta are beautiful this year! These were a gift from an elderly neighbor that used to live next door. She broke a hip and went into a home.  I think of her every time I  see the hosta. They are hge because O Wise One has been emptying the ducks swimming water over them when he dumps it. It is full of duck poo. The flowers like it. 


The blue color of the blossoms are just beautiful.


We are still picking gooseberries every other day. I freeze them in vacuum bags. I want to do a post on gooseberry pie as soon as I get some time. O Wise One's Mom had a wonderful one

I broke off part of a tomato plant the other day by accident and have parts of it in water rooting. If you look closely yo can see the little white hairs coming on them. I wanted to make sure you knew that. You can also remove the suckers on your plants and do that. These are just sitting on the deck


Another neighbor brought me over a start of her trumpet vine. Remember the big one I had at the old farm. The hummingbirds love them and I love the hummingbirds.


It sat right at the end of my old clothes line. The new one will sit right at the end of my NEW clothes line. 


Baby figs! My fig trees really took a beating last winter and I was surprised I have any at all. I had them covered all winter but it got really cold. 



Check out the size of these elderberry heads. They are huge!


I am off to Knoxville today. But I will see you again on Friday,

Blessings from the  Holler

The Canned Quilter



7 comments:

  1. The hostas are beautiful! Hostas are such peaceful looking plants to me. I have some all around my yard that I have divided and replanted. They apparently love being shared! I love them too! Have a safe trip and thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have moved mine all around the yard too. My favorites are these big ones and they separate so easily.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your journey! Your hostas are beautiful!! My daughter lived in Morristown for a year and I flew to TN to visit. Canned my first cooker of green beans today. Wonderful feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the green beans you are now officially a canner! Yay ( warning it is addictive)

      Delete
  3. Love that trumpet vine! I have never grown elderberry bushes but would like to. We buy elderberry syrup. I'm planning to buy fig trees to plant in our new yard when we move in 3 weeks (also pear, cherry, and apple.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having my own fruit trees. Thay can be a challenge to keep up with but worth every minute.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails