Monday, September 8, 2014

Dill Relish



Well Monday morning has rolled around again and the sun is shining bright this morning. We had a small cold front move through over the weekend and the night temperatures dropped down into the 50's. Had the real nip of Fall in the air.  I have finished with my pickles for the year now.


I plant the heirloom variety pickling cucumber "straight eight" every year. It is open pollinated and I can save the seeds from year to year, it grows well in our area and if you allow it to get a little larger it can double as a slicing cucumber for the table as well.  Since I had a few jars left over from last year I only made 2 small batches so that we can finish the ones from last year off. 

You can find my dill relish recipe at this link


You can find my sweet relish tutorial here






I am putting pickles away regularly

You can find my dill chip recipe below

http://hickeryhollerfarm.blogspot.com/2013/08/hamburger-dill-chips.html




While I was at it I pickled a jar of okra for the fridge for us to snack on. 

http://hickeryhollerfarm.blogspot.com/2010/08/pickled-okra.html

Now for those who drop by regularly here I may be gone for a couple days.We have family coming in from Florida and Wisconsin and may be busy. Conduct yourself accordingly and feel free to poke around what is already here. I'll be back with you when I can.  Lots of cooking to do so I have to run! 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


5 comments:

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails