Monday, February 14, 2011

A Waiting Game


Well our sunshine has returned to Hickery Holler with temperatures in the balmy 50's and sunshine for the weekend and the coming week. This time of year we crave sunshine and O Wise One and I are taking this opportunity to get out and run some much needed errands. We know that once these huge piles of snow start to melt the road will just become a mud soup.



We have taken this time during this last cold snap to read and catch up on inside projects. I have finished my embroidery project below, a scarf, that I started last winter. Embroidery was one of those things that i was taught to do as a child. Although dresser scarves have fell out of favor I still like to embroidery scarves and pillow cases during the winter while watching TV.





We have started to plan out our spring projects knowing that the upper deck needs to be re stained this year and the porch rails repainted. The small seed orders we have placed have started to come in the mail and soon it will be time to start our first seedlings beginning with onions and then broccoli and cabbage plants. These cool weather crops will be the first to go into the ground. The tomatoes and peppers will be started last.





Since today is Valentines Day I would like to also wish you all a Happy Valentines Day.

I saw a saying the other day that pretty well summed up my feeling toward my own special Valentine.


" I hope you live a 100 years and I hope I live 100 years minus 1 day so that I will never know a day without you"

Happy Valentines Day O Wise One


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

4 comments:

  1. I never learned how to embroider, but yours looks beautiful!
    Hope you're all having a blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wish!

    Hope your day was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of my favorite people on the planet and I adore you! =D

    (We'll see how the buttermilk does with the moss.)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails