Thursday, September 17, 2020

The CQ Parade

 

Everywhere I go on the property now is a parade because we all know mama has the good stuff I seem to always be throwing them a bug or vegetable of some sort. I do love my quackers!

Just some samples of my continuing ongoing collection of dehydrated goods. Peas and carrots, sweet peppers, okra, shredded potatoes, onions. sweet corn and mixed vegetables.

Dehydrated tomatoes and tomato powder along with canned tomatoes and okra and tomato sauce. 


Dehydrated Mushrooms

With 2 freezers full and the garden winding down I thought I would show you some of the bounty. Much of this I will bag up in mylar bags and they will go into buckets or blue totes to further protect from sunlight and be stored until used.  

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter




5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bounty indeed! I froze some stewed tomatoes and diced green peppers today. We have frost coming tonight, so I'm afraid my garden is going to be done very soon. I had a great year for being it's first year. I'm very grateful!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely. We have had gardens for years, but this is at a new home. So, it's building beds, which I like over rows, and learning the soil of this place. I am thrilled with how it grew. The only fail was the celery, but I will try again next year. I am curious as to how your tomato powder goes. I may try it next year, too. Please let us know how you use it and how it works out, if you remember. Thanks! This blog is so helpful and hopeful, too!

      Darlene

      Delete
  2. Good to know what you are putting up and how. Very good info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got ducks this year, and I am loving how they follow me around all the time, and the bug eating is great also!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails