Friday, September 19, 2014

Another Year


This has turned out to be a long and full week. My produce is stored that was picked before frost. The onions are either dehydrated or in the freezer. The peppers are all frozen and safely tucked away. We have been doing some pruning and I have sat aside some willow and will also save some grapevines because I want to make some wreaths and crafts during the winter. O Wise One, Baby O and myself have got half the porch painted and will continue to paint on Monday. Tomorrow ( Saturday) I am taking off because  you see it is my birthday. They have a dinner planned and the painting can wait.   


Now for all you prayer warriors out there I have a little birthday request. Please lift my boys up in your prayers this weekend. They lost a dear friend this week and are devastated. A young man named Chad who was hit while surveying a road. Chad has known my boys since grade school. They all attended the same religious parochial school together and went on to high school together. They were Cub Scout brothers and soccer buddies. These boys became men together and good men all. Chad's laughter will be missed and his presence never forgotten. May his parents and family also somehow find peace after such a senseless accident and the loss of such a young life.  

Please I ask that you all remember to slow down for those surveyors and workmen that work along our highways and roads. 




Well on a happier note I am feeling naughty so I am going to post a poem that I got in the mail today from a girl friend tucked inside a birthday card. All us old women can understand : )


There was this couple who had been married for 50 years. They were sitting at the breakfast table one morning when the old gentleman said to his wife, "Just think, honey, we've been married for 50 years."
"Yeah", she replied, "Just think, fifty years ago we were sitting here at this breakfast table together."
"I know," the old man said, "We were probably sitting here naked as jaybirds fifty years ago."
"Well," Granny snickered, "What do you say...should we get naked?"
Where upon the two stripped to the buff and sat down at the table.
"You know, honey," the little old lady breathlessly replied, "My nipples are as hot for you today as they were fifty years ago." "I wouldn't be surprised," replied Gramps. "One's in your coffee and the other is in your oatmeal!!!"


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

18 comments:

  1. You are too funny cq! Have a happy birthday and sorry to hear of the loss of a friend. The flowers on this post are so pretty. What are they? And do they come back each year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday and thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture, happy Birthday and the poem made me smile. Have a happy day tomorrow. Enjoy your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! That is hilarious! I needed that guffaw this morning! May God's peace be with your boys and Chad's family and may the Lord bless you in this new year! Happy, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday CQ! Enjoy the day & the dinner. Prayers for your boys & Chad's family. Such a senseless loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy and sad post at the same time. You look wonderful. Happy Birthday! So very sorry for this tragic loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May all your dreams come true!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who's that beautiful smiling woman? May your birthday be special for you. Loved the joke! Sending thoughts of healing for your boys grieving and Chad's family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very happy birthday! I loved the joke.....ain't that the truth! ;)
    Prayers for your boys and Chad's family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that joke, even if I have only been married 26 years :). Hope that you have a nice birthday and many more to come. Prayers to your boys and Chad's family. My husband works for our local township and always complains about people that don't pay attention when they are working on the roads. Drivers need to take precautions when construction of any kind is going on near a road or highway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! May you have many more! Loved the photos! Read the little story to my hubby of 38 years. We both laughed out loud. Thanks for the funny!

    So sorry for the loss of the young man. Prayers for his family and yours.

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for Chad and your sons. A very happy birthday to you. And loved the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Will keep all in my thoughts, my husband is in construction and I worry. Loved the little joke!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a happy, happy birthday! Will lift up in prayer your sons and the family of the friend they lost this past week. Take heart...the Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart (Ps 34:18). I'm printing that poem for my parents to share! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending both prayers and best wishes for a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! and funny indeed!!!! is your little story...
    Also, praying for your sons...
    Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I somehow happened upon your beautiful blog this morning and while sitting and enjoying my breakfast...I read and enjoyed each post. Thinking about how much I would enjoy such a level life with love, warmth and great energy. When I read the poem your friend sent to you...I literally *laughed out loud* almost spitting my eggs into the air! That was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails