Friday, February 14, 2014

Lemon Snack Cake


Happy Valentines Day!

In honor of the holiday I thought I would post a little recipe for you. We all know how I love my little 8" snack cakes. Enough to give everybody a little taste yet not a huge cake laying around to tempt those with little will power.


Lemon Snack Cake

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
3/4 cup milk


Lightly grease 8 inch square baking pan
Preheat oven to 350. 
Combine flour sugar baking powder and salt in a bowl.
In another small bowl combine egg and lemon zest and beat well. 
Add melted butter and milk and mix all well. Combine with dry ingredients and stir well. Some lumps will remain.
Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
Cool completely...

Icing

For my icing I simply softened half a stick of butter and then added 2 teaspoons lemon juice and powdered sugar gradually with a fork beating as I go until I had a thick spreading consistency. Spread on cool cake. I refrigerate any leftovers. 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

11 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!!
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'm baking today. Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make this tonight! My husband likes lemon things but they are just okay to me, so I'm guilty of not making them very often. This is a perfect day to make him something lemony.
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why Happy Valentines Day to you! Thanks for the recipe. We had your crockpot pork last night and everyone loved it. It is definitely a keeper. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad everyone liked it! My bunch like it and we have it often. I have a similar crock pot recipe for pepper steak in the crockpot I will have to share.

      Delete
  5. Good great! Could you confirm that 1/4C of Flour is enough? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that and it is 1 and 1/4

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the recipe! Right now, I have 2 versions cooling in my kitchen for dessert. There is a full batch of the standard version and a 1/2 batch made gluten free for my little girl to enjoy too. The family has been circling the kitchen since these cakes came out of the oven.

      Delete
  6. That looks delicious. Have just found your blog, subscribed and will have a good read of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. I think I have every thing in my kitchen to make it. Time to bake!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to tell you that I made this yesterday.... we love it! Nice and lemony, and just the right size for the 2 of us. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails