Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Return Of Canning



A little late but canning season has returned to the farm. We picked and canned 30 jars of mustard greens. Last year we canned mustard greens on May 14th so as I have predicted we are about a month behind schedule in the garden. 



A quick and easy green to grow and can mustard greens are great during the cold winter when my family craves those scarce greens. 


About a month later than usual but it is good to get back in the swing of things. If you are interested in canning greens you can find my tutorial from last year HERE.


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Are mustard, or other greens, very heat tolerant? I haven't planted any but was wondering if any would do well as a late summer crop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustard tends to go to seed in high heat but make a great late summer/fall crop.

      Delete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails