Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Winter Goal


The temperatures have continued to dip as we slosh around in the remnants of the last snowstorm. O Wise One and Baby O are in our state capitol where Baby O is competing in the Voice Of Democracy essay contest. First prize is a $3,000 scholarship. She has already won the county and district competitions. With the flu running rampant in our area I decided that I would stay home and take care of the animals while they go. O Wise One being ex military enjoys visiting with all the soldiers and I felt he would enjoy that more so than I. So I packed them up in their finest and sent them off to the city. 

As for me between doing all the animal care alone and the projects that I have going that I have plenty to keep me busy. I hope to do lots of quilting : ) I find that when I have a quilt on the frame the way for me to get it done quickly and not linger is to set goals of how much I hope to quilt a day. Just small goals that are easy to fulfill daily.  


For this quilt I have set a goal of a block a day.


That is about 45 minutes to an hour each day to complete 1 block.


That will complete a row of 6 squares in a week.  If I can stick to that it will be completed in 48 days and ready to bind. 


I like having a set amount of time set aside everyday to do something that I enjoy doing. I enjoy putting on soothing gospel music or I have a bible audio and that is my time of worship and solitude as well. A time of quiet reflection and thought. 


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


4 comments:

  1. I hope you are not trying to quilt in the floor! I would never get up again.

    Enjoy your time.

    Here's hoping Baby O brings home that scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that quilt the Holstein cows on it are awesome ! Good luck gals on the scholarship we are rooting for you ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to Baby O!

    And good luck to you, too, CQ. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I'm enjoying it very much. I love your idea of setting aside time just for you - to do crafts or whatever it may be. I've tried this in the past, however, I find that my DH constantly interrupts me. Grrr...! I'm seriously thinking about trying this idea again soon. We bought an old, run-down, foreclosure farm so we are extremely busy. Geeze, we work all day, have dinner, sit down to watch the news and wake up after bedtime. We wake up exhausted and repeat the process all over again. I can honestly say, an hour a day working on one of my many crafts would make a big difference for me. I guess it's just a matter of learning to schedule our lives differently. I'm hoping once we are here for one year, things will start to smooth out and a good routine will be established.

    Thanks for sharing your quilts and your life with us. You are very encouraging to me and I look forward to following you.

    Happy Day To You ~ Bobbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails