Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Signs



Election day started out cold and partly cloudy. O Wise One and I had errands to run in town. Just the library, Social Security Office, and a quick trip to WalMart to pick up a some quilt batting and binding material. So on the way to town that morning we stopped and voted. 


Like most people in this area we always keep one eye to the sky this time of year. Those snow storms blow in quick and we have learned the hard way that tv weathermen are rarely right! One year a two our trip to the airport turned into a 7 1/2 hour trip and 3 foot snow drifts.  As long as we don't have to travel we are fine after all we have enough provisions to last awhile : ) But today those cloudy skies turned pink.  


By that evening the skies were on fire. Angry skies of gray, red, orange and yellow. 


By sunset those same skies were absolutely scary. Don't know that I have ever seen skies like that. It was like the flames could simply fall from the heavens and consume all that had the audacity to exist. 

Hoping these are not the signs of storms ahead. Weather wise or political.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter









3 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos ! I love the look of the sky's when the sun is setting like that . We to are always watching the sky's not only for storms of all kinds and due to me being raised on a farm doing it but because Papa and I are amature astronomers as well ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sky, not unusual for our area either, upstate NY foot of the Adirondacks. we have another nor'easter on it's way, need prayers and assistance for our downstaters and folks in NJ, RI, and MA, still without housing and basics. They are a sturdy bunch as 9/11 showed the world but this is just too much for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, unusual, scary and wonderful all the same.
    Have a blessed weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails