Thursday, August 2, 2012

O They Tell Me Of An Unclouded Day


Cloudy days anymore here on Hickery Holler are a nice break from the oppressive heat. Of course I would not have minded if all those clouds had dumped some much needed moisture to us mortals below listening to all that thunder rumble. 




It was a good day to dig potatoes.  




Not huge potatoes in this new garden but just medium size and lots of small ones. But with only two years of amending the soil in this spot and a drought year to boot we will definitely not complain. The bigger ones will go into storage and anything golf ball size or smaller will go into jars.  Remember these were the potatoes that were attacked by the blister beetles this year. That may have contributed to their smaller size as well. We ended up getting about a wheel barrow full. 





Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

3 comments:

  1. You are not alone in needing rain! If I get any I will share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was a nice day to dig potatoes. We dug today too! Ours were a bit small too. I contributed it to planting them to close together. But maybe the drought had it's effect too. We'll enjoy that wheelbarrow of taters! I hope they keep you in store all year long!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails