Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Daily Farm Journal



Wednesday Night June 27, 2012

Sorry I am so late tonight! Above is what the sun looked like this morning coming up over my garden. 


Up at 5:00 am and in the garden by sunup to beat these crazy temperatures. 104 heat index....Wow. Had to go in by 9:30 as it was just getting crazy hot on this old broad. 

Treated corn for corn ear worms. 


Finished hoeing the remaining 3 rows of corn, row of okra and 3 rows of red beans in north garden. Now that whole garden is officially clean. At the least until the next round of weeds. 


Spent the day carting ice and fresh water to all the animals. Had our first casualty as we lost one of our baby turkeys to the heat. Even with ice and fresh water and plenty of shade this heat can be deadly on young animals.  

Praying for all the people that are victims of those Colorado fires. Trying to discourage people from fireworks out here in the country. This place is like a giant tinder box waiting to go up.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails