Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Orchard


Apples


We are indeed thankful. With a freeze just last week where so many lost their fruit crops we were for the most part spared. Although I think we were just on the borderline of temperatures as we do see an occasional burned leaf or blossom in some of the lowest areas. So far our fruit has remained unharmed. 


Plums


Peaches


Strawberries

Grapes

The only thing not blooming yet is the blackberries!


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


8 comments:

  1. Looks like, God willing, you will have a yummy summer and fall. I'm glad the freeze didn't affect your fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see canning in your future- what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful early specimens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to have some wonderful fruits this season. So glad the freeze didn't get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful, CQ!
    *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have so much fruit! My peach tree produces only tiny peaches, hardly bigger than an egg, if even that big. They taste good but hardly worth the effort. I don't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try thinning the fruit, Sometimes it is better to have less fruit but bigger : )

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful pictures! I'm really jealous of those little apples of yours - we probably won't have any on our little trees for another couple of years. Yours are all doing great, though!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails