This week I was presented an award. Twice. By two different people. I know alot of people don't do awards but I seem to rarely get them so I just post them with gratitude and move on. This week lots of people have been thinking of me. I am truly touched that people think of me for these honors so in the spirit that these awards were given I would like to thank Kathy Felsted Usher over at Moving On To The Past Blogspot for both thinking of me and her kind words on my blog. She has presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award
I would like to also thank Heidi over at White Wolf Summit Farmgirl for both thinking of me and her kind words also. She also presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award.
I would also like to thank Alla over at Mountain Valley Farms for her kind words and The Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you again ladies and congrats on your own awards.
Here are the RULES for the Versatile Blogger Award-
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are seven random things about me...
1. I love the color Blue.
2. I am the second oldest in my family with 4 brothers and no sisters. Only three brothers living.
3. I adore Scottie Dogs and English Shepherds.
4. I am color blind which is very rare in women. My husband is also color blind as is one of my three sons. So far none of my grandchildren are color blind. This makes quilting real interesting. Yes I am that lady that goes to church wearing one blue and one black shoe : )
5. I live to go fishing and used to even own my very own bass boat. I do not hunt though.
6. My favorite Music....Willie Nelson... Old Gospel......CCR....The Eagles....Wow what a mix !
7. I am scared to death of power tools : )
Now I am supposed to list 15 bloggers. Sorry guys but I am only listing 7 as it seems everyone is getting these awards and if I name more I may never finish with these as they seem to return to me full circle. I am trying to pick really unique blogs of the 175 blogs that I follow. Something a little different maybe. Hope you'll give some of these a visit.
1. Agrarian Nation This blog and number two on my list are both written and maintained by Herrick Kimball. Agrarian Nation looks at agricultural writings from 1825 to roughly 1900. It is an excellent view into agriculture and traditions of the past.
2. The Deliberate Agrarian This blog is also by Herrick Kimball but us a great resource into the christian agrarian lifestyle as well as a source for some wonderful gardening tools and know how. Don't forget to take a look at his planet wheelbang garden cart, wheel hoe and chicken plucker. A very ingenuitive man and a great read. My husband loves his post on pulling a deer hide with a golf ball. He is the only person other than my husband I have ever seen do it this way. I guess great minds think alike.
3. Aspiring Homemaker I adore this blog and am so impressed with the young, christian, African American woman that writes it. The photography alone on this blog is stunning and well worth the visit. It is simply a look into the life of a christian family living frugally and simply but Mia is able to turn it into a work of art. In a world where homemaking has become a dying art is is so refreshing to see one so young striving to learn it.
4.Frugally Sustainable This is a great blog for all yo do it yourselfers out there. Learn how to make lotions to cough drops and everything in between. A great blog to camp out at and read for awhile.
5. lafermedesourrou.blogspot....Permaculture In France I love foreign Blogs and this french one is great. You'll find a translation button on the side and make sure and scroll to some of her earlier posts and look at her gardens.
6. Mias Landliv This is a phenomenal Norwegian Blog with plenty of quilting, knitting, and gardening.
7. Snowcatcher Any of you that follow my blog know that I am crocheting snowflakes for my Christmas Tree. Every Monday is snowflake Monday with a new snowflake design. Check it out.
And now for the kicker....before I could get this published I received yet another award. LOL
I received the Liebster Blog Award from Baskets By Rose Blog Spot Congrats on your award and thank you so much for thinking of Hickery Holler Farm.
I am supposed to pass it on to 5 blogs but since I am out of ideas I am just going to pass it on to all my readers. You have all just received the Liebster Blog Award because I said so.
Congratulations! I'm feelin the love!
Now I am going to publish this really quickly before I get anymore.
Blessings from The Holler
The Canned Quilter