Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Jar Runneth Over !

 
It started snowing yeasterday afternoon. We still had snow on the ground from the last 6 inches of snow. The prediction was 4 to 8 inches. We have gotten as of  this morning about 4 inches. No Baby Hank today as his mother is unable to get to us until the snow plow goes through. We are so far back in the woods I assure you we are the last gravel road on the plow list. No school today for Baby O. O Wise One is taking care of the chickens and assorted other animals and birds and I shall have to find him something to do in the house so he doesn't drive me crazy. He is not a sit around kind of man. I am sure I can find some chore or another. AS for Baby O and I we are in heaven. The cookie jar is full to running over. We have 3 Netflix DVD's sitting in the entertainment center and our instant viewing queue is full in Netflix as well. 

It's a party with cookies and movies........

 You're all invited......

 We have lots of cookies. I can crochet on my throw I am making while watching movies so I atleast look busy.



In the meantime I am going to share my Cookie recipe with you. Nothing fancy mind you. I cut this recipe off the side of a flour bag over 30 years ago. In the last 30 years this recipe has been baked hundreds of times. These cookies have went to many Boy Scout meetings, Girl Scout meetings, bake sales, Sunday School snacks and just filling the cookie jar for 5 hungry kids. Now the grandkids check that cookie jar regularly. Same cookie jar for 30 years. It is an old hound dog cookie jar my sisiter in law made in ceramics class and gave me for Christmas. Fred wants my cookie jar. I'm not finished with it yet!  

I warn you this recipe makes a big batch so if you don't have alot to feed you might want to half it.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 package 24oz semisweet chocolate chips(the big one)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl until creamy. Combine in a separate bowl flour, baking soda and salt. Combine flour mixture with butter mixture gradually stirring well until you get a smooth dough. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly and remove to wire racks to continue cooling. Makes approximately 5 dozen large cookies or 8 dozen smaller ones. 


Enjoy!


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails