Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peach Hooch ( :




Yep! I'm making hooch again... For those of you that don't remember I have been experimenting with making wine since I have all this fruit this year. I mean you can only eat so much jam and pie folks.

You can read about the Hooch HERE

A windstorm came along and blew down a large majority of the remaining blood peaches. In the spirit of homesteading "you make hay when the sun shines". Ya know "when life gives you lemons make lemonade". When life blows down your peaches make peach hooch!! So I dug out this huge jar that my son brought me from Germany and filled it with peaches and water and sugar. Sure enough it is fermenting. Four gallons no less. Looks like this is indeed the year for Hickery Holler Hooch.  




Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! You'll probably be even more funny when you start sampling all that Hickory Holler Hooch! It is one way to "Save the Harvest" though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Good luck with that. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. :)

    I wonder if I'd do better with home made wine... I can't drink the commercial stuff. It all gives me a headache. I may have to learn how to make it when we have something to make it with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails