Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Last of The Flowers


The mornings continue to get cooler and cooler! The remaining blossoms we know will be the last of this season. The chrysanthemums are not blooming yet but are loaded with blooms. I am hoping they open before first frost. The grasses now have billowy heads and sway in the breeze.



The hosta around the old Maple Tree are loaded with blue blooms



I am concerned now that half the tree was lost in the last wind storm if they are getting enough shade. I think next spring I may thin them out and divide some and put around some of the other big trees.



Autumn Joy Sedum not yet red.

Another growing season draws to a close. We have to wonder what next season shall bring? Too much rain or late frost and cold temps? Who knows anymore....

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter



2 comments:

  1. From the looks of all the blossoms, I'd say your hosta are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautiful views on your farm. You care for it very well.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails