Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pickled Peppers Request


I had a request for a pickled pepper recipe. Earlier I had posted about making bread and butter jalapenos but these are just pickled pepper rings like you buy in the grocery. We use them on pizza and O Wise One pickles them for making venison wraps for the grill. he wraps thin strips of venison loin around these and then wraps that in a slice of bacon and then grills them.  They are wonderful. Sometimes he puts a strip of string cheese in the middle too.

Pickled Pepper Rings

(ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLING HOT PEPPERS!!!)

10 cups sliced Banana or Jalapeno peppers
2 cloves Garlic
4 cups white vinegar
3 tsp pickling salt

Pack washed and sliced peppers in hot sterile pint jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace.

Put 1/2 clove garlic in each jar.

Boil vinegar and salt

Ladle hot liquid over peppers leaving 1/4 inch headspace

Remove air bubbles with non metallic utensil

Put on hot caps and lids

Precess 10 minutes in a boiling water canner

Best if left 5-6 weeks before eating

Makes 10 cups



                      I hope this is what you are looking for ; )




Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe! Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails