Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flowering Almond and Magnolia






Sometimes in gardening you get a plant combination that really works and I just love this one. By my deck steps we have planted a Purple Saucer Magnolia and 2 Flowering almond. They both bloom roughly at the same time and "Oh My" what a show!!  What a welcome to a door or deck. They bloom for a short period depending on wind and rain but the show is well worth it I think. My Magnolia was an end of the year clearance item at WalMArt and  the Flowering almond we dug up. They actually came out of the fencerow at the old farm that O Wise One grew up on. So for very little money I got an attractive planting I hope for many years to come. I love that !   



Japanes or Saucer Magnolia... magnolia soulangiana



    Flowering Almond.....prunus glandulosa 'Rosa Plena'


Blessings from the Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails