Saturday, May 7, 2022

May Garden 2022

 


I am again drinking mint and lemon balm tea fresh from the garden. I plant my mint and lemon balm in large half barrels to keep it from becoming invasive and taking over my gardens. 


Sweet potato slips are coming along nicely planted in my wire rings. Only drawback I see so far to this growing method is that they have a tendency to dry out more so than even with the ground. 


Asparagus are loving the cool and wet spring temperatures right now. Lots of it going in the freezer. 


And baby peaches I got plenty!


Broccoli and cabbage starts are now in the garden beds in their new homes.


My first baby Juneberries or Serviceberries on year 2. Not bad and I may root some more. 


And last but not least my recently separated rhubarb crowns have put out new growth and seem happy in their new homes. 


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

  1. I just planted asparagus last week. I'm crossing my fingers -- hoping it grows really well! You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails