Friday, June 25, 2021

Cabbage and Plums

 


Freezing up yellow plums as I pick them. They are so sweet and juicy this year and I am going to make liqueur with them. I already have plenty of plum jelly left from last year. 

Planting Pepper plants today out in the boxes.  



Freezing two more heads of cabbage that I picked yesterday. I also froze 2 heads yesterday. I have new seeds planted for fall cabbage as well. We ate some smothered with potatoes, onions and smoked sausage the other day and it was really great. I always plant the variety "Early Jersey Wakefield" and have always been successful with it as long as I have bt to spray to keep the worms off.  

Life is busy as always here and we work in the gardens everyday weeding, picking, watering and preserving it all. 

Ever thankful and ever vigilant from what mother nature can throw at our food supply. So far this year it has been squirrels and rabbits. Aah but the dreaded Japanese beetles are coming. 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

***************************************

I can also be found at 

https://thebackfence.freeforums.net/



3 comments:

  1. This year I tried cabbage and Brussels sprouts, and they were completely demolished by cabbage moths. Guess I should have purchased some bt spray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you freeze your cabbage and then what recipes do you use it in. I like it in soup and cabbage/onions cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I steam to blanch my cabbage slightly and then lay it on baking sheets and freeze then put in vacuum freezer bags.

      Delete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails