Monday, August 17, 2020

Elderberry Success

 


I love it when a plan comes together.. I had a wet area on my property and wanted to plant plants that would grow in and use that excess moisture and still produce something edible. Elderberry filled that slot beautifully. And now in it's second year my first crop. We picked about 2 gallon elderberries Saturday. Right now they are in the freezer in gallon ziploc bags. I will deal with them once the garden slows down. Hoping this will now be a yearly crop. 


Meanwhile my summer crops continue to roll in daily.


Various cucumber and squash crops are in full swing. 


My refrigerator reflects the season with half gallon jars of fermented foods.

The ladies making regular contributions.

 With rain moving in I picked some of the ripening paste tomatoes to finish their ripening on the kitchen table so they will not split. 

So we continue to social distance because we are in the "at risk" age group but strive to stay busy and be productive not concentrating on the pandemic but rather trying to concentrate on remaining  positive. We hope that everyone of you out there is staying safe and healthy also.

https://thebackfence.freeforums.net/


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails