Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Ladies Have Neighbors



Yep meet the neighbors! It's the quackers. 


Family of four. Huey, Dewey, Louise and Thelma ( we think? )


They occupy the quaint little cottage next door and share an enclosed area attached to the chickens run. Thus far they seem to get along fine but we will continue to monitor to make sure everyone is safe. We dump weeds in this area and the chicken and ducks pick through for the bugs and green tidbits and make compost as a byproduct. Ducks lay more than chickens as they lay year round. These ducks are Khaki Campbell ducks and are known to be a very docile breed.



These ducks are only a couple months old.  


Eventually I hope to allow the ducks to free range with supervision as another tool to control slugs on my shady property. They also make great entertainment on a summers eve. We are so easily entertained.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter



7 comments:

  1. So glad y0u are back writing on the blog. I so enjoy your posts and love all the things you write about. I can actually picture a fire on a cold night and sitting in a comfy chair chair knitting. Glad your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother had white ducks and geese, along with her chickens. I'm looking forward to watching your duckies grow and help with weed and bug control in your little corner of this earth of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blogs and look forward to them. I don't know much about ducks. These are pretty. I love their names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see your blog again! It has been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ducks are beautiful. We have some wild ducks along the creek nearby. They fly away anytime we are near, so I am not sure what kind they are. I look forward to watching yours as they grow. They are great names.

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are so lovely and peaceful. Thank you for sharing them. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are back blogging. Love your posts, and had to chuckle at your statement of being "easily entertained" I am the same way. Your knitting projects are beautiful. I started knitting again last winter, but need a bit more practice. I had learned as a child, but never did much. Love the videos, such a great help.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails