Friday, May 17, 2013

Guests In The Chicken House


During our early May snowstorm we had a great many limbs fall in the yard. There were also a great many that were damaged and are still in the trees. So now every time we have a small rainstorm with any little small wind involved we are still getting limbs that fall. 
   

Rocky and Bullwinkle love it when they fall in their pins. They can strip the bark and leaves off those limbs faster than any critter I have ever seen. 

And somehow during all these falling limbs we have ended up with these little guys in the chicken house. My guess is that they are some sort of Martin, (Mom looks like a Purple Martin) but even more strange is that the chickens do not mess with them at all.


Despite the fact that they are no longer in the giant maple towering over the chicken yard the mother has obviously continued to feed them. They have nestled out a small nest in the straw in the corner of the chicken house and are surviving nicely it seems. 


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Your new feathered friends are so adorable! It is amazing how mother nature can cause a storm and yet bring you new life to share in all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature has it's funny ways ! Cute photos ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm surprised the chickens do don't bother them. I bet mama bird laid down the law.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails