Thursday, August 23, 2012

Zucchini Bread




My favorite thing to do with all those zucchini cranking out of the garden this time of year is still zucchini bread.  What do I do with those little zucchini loaves? I make O Wise One tiny loaves of bread then freeze them in vacuum bags for the winter. During deer season when he is going hunting he likes to get up and stick them in the microwave and eat while in his deer stand : ) 






Zucchini Bread

3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts optional
1/2 cup raisins optional

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Beat eggs. Add sugar, vanilla and oil to egg  and mix well.  Add zucchini to egg mixture. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in nuts and raisins if desired. Pour into 2 loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.. or until tests done. Cool on rack and then remove from pans. May be drizzled with a powdered sugar and milk glaze.  

Note Since I made mini loaves the cooking time was much shorter










Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

4 comments:

  1. mmm I love Zuchinni bread.sad to say we only got 1 zuchinni this year ,not sure what happened there. What a Great Deer Hunting treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell it from here! Love Z-bread! We had it last night at our little Bible study at our place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!!!! This is making my mouth water CQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To make that zucchini bread even better I use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and add 1/2 cup or so of coconut to the recipe. Yum. Grated zucchini is also good in chili,spagetti sauce,sloppy joes as a filler. You never see it but adds something to the pot.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails