Thursday, August 9, 2012

Daily Farm Journal


Thursday August 9, 2012


O what busy people we have been! Still working on cleaning out pantries and cabinets. Rearranging canned jars and all around scrubbing walls floors and cabinets. Ugh...

Got up yesterday morning to clouds and drizzling rain. Didn't get a whole lot of rain out of it but a little cooler days which are always nice. Lots of thunder and wind last night and just a drizzle of rain again. 

Been eating lots of melons and they are good.  



New bread experiment and it is good. I will post about it soon.





First batch of soap done. Goats milk, honey and oatmeal. And just a touch of wild honeysuckle fragrance oil. It smells divine! Should be dry in about 8 weeks.



And our home smoked buckboard bacon turned out wonderful! I'll post about it when a get a little time too ..



And no bacon is complete without homemade biscuits. And just add a thick slice of homegrown tomato and I am truly in heaven. As you can see we are not starvin......

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

7 comments:

  1. CQ,

    I'm intrigued and looking forward to reading more in the future on your bread experiment.
    Your melon looks devine, have you tried making melon gelato?
    Your smoked bacon and homemade bisquits are making very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waits for recipes and soap sales* ;o)

    Have a blessed Friday and a great weekend, CQ! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My more jobs : ) Hugs to ya my friend

      Delete
    2. Thanks, CQ. :)

      Got my appliances today. Be staining more cabinets and looking for counter tops next.
      Hopefully will get my oven running in time to try out your bread recipe!

      *hugs* ♥

      Delete
  3. CQ, bacon, tomato, on a biscuit is some good eatin', especially when it's homemade and homegrown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot even begin to tell you how good all of that looks!! Boy I sure do wish you lived in Georgia so I could dig into that homegrown bacon!!!!!!!! We have plans to raise our own pigs (and cows and goats and sheep and whatever else I can convince hubby we need) but it will have to wait until next year :( Looking forward to that bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there was smellavision. Everything looks wonderful and I am sure tastes the same. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails