Thursday, July 19, 2012

Daily Farm Update


Thursday July 19, 2012

Early start this morning hoping to beat the heat. Cleaned out the goat yard and also the shed where they sleep. Lots of straw and goat poop dumped on the garden : ) Let the house dry out and we put down new bedding late tonight when we lock them up for the night. 

Weeded the fall green beans. They are really struggling in this heat even with watering. Temperature projected today of 107. That is just not fit for man or beast. Our day will be filled with trying to stay hydrated ourselves and trying to keep all the animals cool and with plenty of fresh water. 

Watched Baby Hank so not alot of canning going on that's okay though because I could use some time off. Spent the day just being a grandmother...: )


Blessings from The Holler 

The Canned Quilter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails