Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Daily Farm Journal


Wednesday Evening July 11, 2012


I guess our reprieve from the high temperatures is over as the mercury again starts to climb into the mid 90's. They say by the end of the week we will be back in triple digits. Uh! That little bit of rain didn't last long. We are back to our normal drought rotating watering schedule.


On the flip side the red beans are loaded and seem to be filling out . The field peas should be ready to pick by next week and they are filled out. 

Picked tomatoes, squash, zucchini, plum tomatoes, cucumbers and broccoli. 

Blanched, squash, zucchini, and broccoli. 

Baby watermelons, cantaloupe, pumpkins and butternut squash. Sweet potatoes are loving this heat and growing everywhere. If we are lucky we should be picking more corn by next week.

On the flip side my chickens are not laying still and the new goats seem to have came here with a good case of fleas : (

Such is Life.....

Blessings from The Holler 

The Canned Quilter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails