Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daily Farm Journal


Tuesday Evening July 10th, 2012

Got up early this morning and we picked tomatoes. Spent most of the day cooking them down  and canning tomato sauce.


Neighbor came over and banded the new goat kids, Rocky and Bullwinkle and showed us how and what to worm them with. Gave us some good pointers on feed and such. They raise goats and give us goat poop for our garden. Guess now we'll have our own goat poop too : )


Slowly cleaning and rearranging both freezers. Boy what a job. 


Gypsy took the last of her antibiotics but sounds so much better. She seems to be coughing up phlegm now from the pneumonia. Making her sleep under the vaporizer helped alot.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


2 comments:

  1. Your tomatoes look so good. And, so perfect. The blister beetles have attacked the ones here on the ranch. Do you use anything to keep the bugs off of your garden?

    I'm glad Gypsy is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use bt for worms and garlic and soap spray for aphids and such. Like you I got a terrible hatch of blister beetles a couple weeks ago and had to resort to some liquid sevin to get rid of them. There were huge amounts of the things everywhere. I have heard lots oof other people complain about blister beetles so there must be an epidemic of them this year.

      Gypsy is recovering but it is a slow process. We came really close to losing her!

      Delete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails