Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Farm Journal



Monday night June 25, 2012


Spent the morning cleaning out pens. Yucky but just part of having animals and with 100 plus temperatures predicted for the end of the week we wanted everything to have clean pens and bedding and also to help keep down flies. 


Found one of the Buff Orphington hens broody today so set 7 chicken eggs under her. Hopefully we will have a nice little clutch of buff chicks next month. 


Gypsy is improving with her pneumonia treatment everyday and is breathing so much easier.


It was a day of blanching and processing vegetables. Cabbage, broccoli, beets, onions and peas. 


Ever thankful for the bounty of our harvest.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails