Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Late Spring Berry Maintenance




Now that the gardens are planted we have been busy weeding, fertilizing and laying fresh mulch  around the grapes and blackberries. Cleaning up any broken or damaged vines also.


Lots of blackberry blooms and little grapes. 


Lots of weeds from that week of rainfall we had several weeks ago.
Sure wish we would get some more!


But we are hopeful for a bumper crop if blooms are any indication.


Besides Baby Hank is almost out of canned grape juice.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter






3 comments:

  1. What kind of grapes do you grow? Love your
    blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a mixture of different varieties. Reliance and Concord and a Merlot type grape that tastes of Cherry. All were purchased from Stark Bros here in Missouri. The Blackberries are Doyle which are the only kind I grow and they do wonderful in my climate although some years I do provide a little protection.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails