Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bless my Bloomers


It seems as if everything is blooming so early this year and all at one time. The old fashioned roses on the clothes line pole have intertwined with the trumpet vine. Nestled among the vines is a bluebird house. This rose was given to me by a friend. It is a beautiful deep red velvety rose with that traditional rose scent. I adore these old roses rambling carefree over the property. The biggest problem I have with them is keeping the deer from eating them.  


Yellow Yarrow just starting to open. 


Catmint lures the bees like no other plant. The buzzing of the bees can be heard long before you even see the plant.  It smalls great and is not invasive like many mints.


More Dianthus or Pinks as some call them. Actually in the Carnation family thay all have that great clove smell.


And the first of the peony are opening. It makes me sad to see them open because with all the rain lately I know they will not last long. Just a brief glimpse of their beauty before the rain beats them and they start to look less pristine. Guess I will just have to enjoy that brief time. 




What's new blooming in your garden this week?


And for all you Moms out there Happy Mothers Day : )

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

5 comments:

  1. I live in northern Wisconsin and our daffodils are blooming and the rhubarb is ready for picking. Our gardens wake up later but the sun is out and it is a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! All ours are blooming at the same time too.

    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my husband Steve just became a follower to your blog and he told me to check it out. He was very impressed with your recipes, especially your rhubarb cake. We have been looking for a good recipe. My rhubarb is ready and we have not had rhubarb cake for a long time. Your blog is beautiful, so fresh and homey. I'm impressed as well. I do believe that when I'm through typing this, I'll be joining your followers, too. Please accept my humble invitation to visit my blog. I have never posted any recipes (yet), but I do wear a lot of hats: artist, photographer, paper crafter, musician, singer, furniture re-purposer, and local traveler . . . I'm a retired activity director. I worked in an assisted living building with 94 residents. It was the best job ever . . . like going in to play with your friends, each day. Now I find that I can not stay away, so I volunteer. I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and looking forward to baking your yummy cake. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It looks so lovely. Some of my stevia plants are starting to flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures, CQ. :o)
    The only thing I have blooming are lilies and a tomato plant.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails