Friday, March 30, 2012

The Vole Patrol


Gypsy loves spring. She has been running nonstop for several weeks now. There are frogs and garter snakes everywhere. I have never seen so many garter snakes. I think God sent them to get rid of my voles : ) We mowed for the first time last week and I alone counted 10 garter snakes just while mowing. I made a point to stop the mower every time and not hit them. 






The snakes make me very happy because I had way too many voles even with two puppies patrolling. After all there is just so much that two little short legged puppies can do. 


Now if I can just teach Riley NOT to kill the garter snakes....nothing is ever simple is it? 


I have to say one thing though...they are diligent.


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

2 comments:

  1. You've got a couple of adorable helpers there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do! Riley and Gypsy are too cute. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails