Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hank's Hide Out


In the spirit of making as many of my Christmas presents as possible this was one of my grandson Hank's gifts.At 18 months he loves to crawl inside things. Dog boxes, boxes and cabinets are hide outs for him to play. So when I found this on Pinterest I knew I had to make it for Hank. The great thing about it is that it fits over my card table so I can fold the card table and put it away when he is not here to play. I made it like a fitted tablecloth with a door. I crocheted him a camouflage blanket to go on the floor in the bottom and he has a hide out all his own.
 Complete with his name.
And windows and a front door flap
And plenty of space to play with his animals and trucks
This will stay at grandma's house since he doesn't have room in his parents small house for it.
We bought him a shiny new red tricycle to take home. Complete with tassels and a horn.

There are so many inspiring sites and patterns to be found on the internet now it makes those hand made gift ideas much easier for grandma.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter   

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift. I am sure he will have hours of fun with that and so will the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! Now I wanna make one for my Grandson, maybe for next Christmas. Doesn't hurt to get started early. I'm new to Pinterest, I have to go find this now.

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and gift. Hank is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails