Sunday, November 13, 2011

Refilling The Cookie Jar


It's a cold Sunday morning here in Hickery Holler. We have lots going on though. Baby O, now president of the local 4-H club is hosting a hunter's breakfast to make money for the club. O Wise One is cooking eggs for a crowd. I am home dealing with venison. Yes O Wise One got his first deer of the season and didn't even leave the yard. He shot a small button buck out by the chicken yard. We have progressed long past hunting horns and hunt for freezer meat instead . We want young and tender animals that will butcher well. We kill the animals off our own farm hoping to keep the population down enough to help with our attempts at growing a garden. Last year we took three small does and ate all three.

I am including a link to the cookie recipe above HERE  Great site and a great recipe.


Hoping everyone a blessed Sunday!


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter


4 comments:

  1. I have to tell you how I never tire of looking at your jars of canned goods...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to O Wise One! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your insights on size of hunting deer. We are new to hunting, all we ever heard was how to find the big ones and all the points/rack size. It totally makes sense to have tender workable meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yum!!! Man your blog makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails