4 cups potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
1 quart chicken stock
1 small onion diced
1 stalk diced celery
2 cloves diced garlic
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1 pint whipping cream
8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
1 pound cooked shrimp
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot combine potatoes, stock, onion, celery, garlic, rosemary, and corn. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until all vegetables are tender.
- In a separate small sauce pan melt butter over low heat and then add flour and stir for several minutes to cook flour mixture. Then pour into the large pot with vegetable and broth mixture. Then add the cream and stir well until thickened. (You are making a white sauce)
- Add white sauce to large pot containing stock and cooked vegetables. Stir well and combine the two and simmer over low heat to thicken. ( Do not boil)
- Add the 8 ounces of shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked shrimp and stir over low until heated through.
- Serve warm
Blessings from The Holler
The Canned Quilter