Sunday, September 25, 2011

Autumn Color


Autumn is indeed here! With nights temperatures dropping into the 40's and 50's and daytime temperatures in the 60's and  70's it is so nice to work outside right now. We are still mowing grass here. And as usual enjoying that final flush of color before the drab of winter sets in.




Even with a light scattered frost last week we still have flowers blooming. I see a few patches of frost damage in low lying areas and such. I think most of the heavy frost went north of us : )



The Mums are starting to bloom.....


With the promise of lots more to come if the weather cooperates.




Those heirloom "Crackerjack" marigolds are still blooming.


The "knockout" roses have put on a fall flush of blooms


And the  Autumn Joy sedum is red now.I know that soon enough the landscape will be brown all winter or white with snow. For now I am thankful for the color and will enjoy what is left of the blooming season.

What's blooming in your area?

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. I don't really like the idea of winter but I can't stop it.

    Our garden is till going here. Marcy has devised a method to continue production after the first frost...we'll hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful house and gorgeous flowers, CQ! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails