Friday, July 29, 2011

Grandma Mary's Freezer Cream Corn


My prayers have been answered! After days and days of 100 plus degree days with no rain we finally got rain this morning. The trees were starting to lose their leaves, the grass had all dried up and even though we continued to water the garden it was looking rough. I still have corn that has not matured yet so this rain could be the difference between it making or not. 

My mother in law used to make the best cream corn to put in the freezer. She baked it in the oven in a roaster. We don't normally eat alot of cream corn but every now and then it is a treat. Since I have plenty of corn this year I decided to put up some this year in plastic freezer containers. 

Cream Corn to Freezer

16 cups sweet corn cut off the cob
1 pint half and half
1 pound real butter  ( Paula Dean move over : ) 

Put corn, butter and half and half in a roaster and bake at 300  for 1 hour stirring every fifteen minutes.  Let cool and freeze in freezer containers. 


Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you finally got rain, CQ. And thanks for the recipe!
    Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister brought me some sliced corn to cook. It was so sweet and good, I ended up eating it raw!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails