Thursday, June 9, 2011

Broccoli Noodle Salad

With both Broccoli and peas coming in fresh right now we are eating lots of salads. This is one of our favorite.  I have added additional add ins such as chopped black olives, diced ham, chopped zucchini or tomatoes. Get creative and add whatever your family likes!



6 ounces uncooked multicolor Rotini (about 1/2 of a 12 ounce box)
2 carrots shredded
1/2 small onion finely diced
1 head of broccoli finely chopped
1 cup frozen peas
3 hard boiled eggs finely chopped
crumbled crisp bacon to taste (for garnish)

Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons honey
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup half and half
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions eldente.  ( DO NOT OVERCOOK)
Drain pasta and place in large bowl
Add peas, shredded carrots, diced oniopn, broccoli and chopped eggs.
Toss and set aside
In a separate bowl mix dressing ingredients and stir well to mix.
Add to pasta vegetable mixture and toss well.
Refrigerate for atleast several hours and serve.


 Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, CQ. Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's those pink looking items in the salad? I can't make them out! It looks good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds REALLY good! I'm going to give it a try over the weekend. We did not plant broccoli this year, but I can get some at the store and we are eating lightly now for summer. Thanks for the posting!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails