Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lots of Cooking

Last week was a down week for me. When I get down and need a little therapy I cook. When I get mad I clean. How crazy is that? So last week with my cancer check ups and lots on my mind I cooked up a storm. Tried some new recipes.

Too Much Chocolate Cake pictured above




Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



Granola



Broccoli Cheese Soup

I did change this recipe using my homegrown broccoli from the freezer, home canned chicken broth and real cheddar cheese and not processed cheese.  

Venison Stew

Chunks of venison in a savory gravy with homegrown potatoes, fresh baby carrots, onions garlic and celery. Served hot over brown rice with hot corn bread. 


And the hen house ladies have been producing plenty of eggs. With a surplus I baked a big batch of biscuits and froze up some sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. Baby O microwaves them in the morning and eats them waiting for the bus.

Anybody else tried any new recipes lately?

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

5 comments:

  1. I envy your cooking skills.
    And we love broccoli cheese soup so I will definitely give your recipe a try, even though I will have to use store bought ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh glory to goodness, this Ozark Farm Chick thought she smelled chocolate over here. I not only sniffed out chocolate, I sniffed out 'too much chocolate'!!! Mmmmmmm, it all look marvelous!

    I just popped over from sweet Gail's place over at, "At The Farm" and am so happy I did!!!

    Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed and beautiful day from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't you call me! I would have come and help you eat it up so we both would have felt better :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes cooking when sad and cleaning when mad! So happy to have you back posting on your blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all the tests come out good-as for the cooking-makes me wish I was there to eat it : )

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails