Monday, March 21, 2011

Just In Time For Spring



Sunday was officially the first day of spring. As if they knew the daffodils all lined up and saluted those warm rays of sunshine.

 It is so nice to see color again on the farm. No more browns and grays I hope !   


The crocus not to be outdone opened their lovely blooms as well. The grass is greening and I actually got to dig in the flower beds for a couple of hours today. It was so nice to be able to wear short sleeves. It was wonderful to feel the sun on my face and hear the bees buzzing again. I hung out my laundry again. I was serenaded by clean sheets flapping in the breeze.  They are calling for more rain tomorrow afternoon so I hope to get a little more weeding done in the morning. Maybe Baby Hank will cooperate and play in his playpen on the porch for grandma.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are very lovely and stunning! Keep them up until spring ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers...I even worked up a sweat yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo girl!!! Don't ya just love spring and a little dirt under your nails???

    I don't have any bloomers yet but the annuals are pokin' their little greens above the earth so maybe sometime in the near future...

    Your bloomers are just beautiful. (she says turnin' an ugly jealous green) :o)

    God bless ya and have a most amazin' day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us, CQ!
    I hope you and O Wise One are doing well today.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails