Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pick a Peck of Pickled Peppers


One thing that has really produced this year is the peppers. Both the Jalapeno and the banana peppers are loaded.


Banana peppers are loaded and ready to be picked. These will be stuffed with sausage, cheese, onions and bread crumbs and frozen for use this winter. Then I take them out and top with a tomato sauce and baked. Yum ! 


This is a new heirloom Italian pickling pepper that O Wise One's cousin sent us. They are super heavy makers and I think will definitely be a keeper. I just have to remember to save the seeds!



New for this year we are making Bread and Butter Jalapeno Peppers. The neighbors gave O Wise One a jar and he loved them. So since we had plenty Jalapenos we are making some. I have never used Mrs. Wages mix before but that is what they used so we are giving it a try. We just followed the instructions on the bag for cucumber pickles but substituted jalapenos. They made a beautiful and colorful pickle display : )

   

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails