Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

A day of remembering those who have went before us ! Those who lived a life of service to others. Miltary and otherwise. Those who have fought for what they believed in and those who lost their life doing it. We remember....

We spend time with those we love. We clean the most recent inhabitants from the grill.




We cook burgers, and baked beans and potato salad. Watch the grandkids play under the sprinklers. We laugh and visit and share our lives with those we love that are still here. We sit under the old shade tree and eat on the picnic table outside.

We eat wonderful rich desserts. Nothing says summer like fresh strawberries and whipped cream.



And then we take long afternoon naps. Curled up in mama's favorite old rocking chair.


Life is indeed good in The Holler. And we are thankful everyday.


Blessings


3 comments:

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails