Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hickery Holler Sunrise




The big yellow barn house at Hickery Holler faces east. Into the morning sun. My favorite part of the day is early in the morning with a hot cup of coffee sitting on the front porch watching the sun rise over the hills and hollers of this land we own. The house is quiet. The dawn is silent. No sirens. No dogs barking. Everyone sleeps soundly through this glorious show but me. 



The sun gradually rising to another day.



But wait! I hear the sick attempts of the young roosters club attempting their crows. Keep trying boys maybe you'll get a good one off before you end up in the pot.


Alas I hear the alarm clocks going off. The silence has ended.
But I have a suprise awaiting them.


They love me : )

You can find the recipe here .


Blessings from The Holler
The Canned Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Can you come sit on my front porch and watch the sunrise tomorrow morning? All the while the cinnamon rolls are baking and you can wake me up as early as you would like! I will sit with you and sip coffee or I will leave you alone, just wake me while the rolls are still hot. Please??!!

    My little banty rooster knows how to crow, well sorta!!

    I am going to my kitchen right now and make me some of these! I have tried and tried to make a perfect cinnamon roll and finally gave up. Your recipes are always so dagumed good that I am sure you have it perfected so maybe these will turn out right!!

    I am not sure how I missed that post with the recipe but I have it now! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. You have a beautiful view there. and a very beautiful sunrise. And those cinnamon rolls look wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails