Sunday, May 1, 2022

Spring In The Garden 2022

 

above: Bees working the blueberry  blooms

Happy May Day from here in my garden! April 15th is the average last frost date and right on schedule the flowers are emerging and the bees are humming. Such a busy time of the year for us and although it has been a cool and wet spring temperatures are back up in the 70's regularly now. Such a busy time of the year for us between mowing,  weeding and planting. Lots of dandelions popping up in the beds to dig out and spring weeds grow quickly here on the plateau. 


I was thrilled to see the columbine that I started in milk jugs last year from seeds blooming with abandon in my beds. At my old farm the hummingbirds loved these so I am hoping that they will spread and help to draw and feed the hummingbirds. 


The hosta are filling out nicely all over the property scattered under the trees in the shady areas and I dug some up and separated them as they were getting pretty thick. The snowball bushes are past the top of the fence now and loaded with blooms this year. Daylilies are up but no blooms yet and same with the peonies. 


The bees are loving the garlic chives and regular chive blooms. 

And the Iris blooms are gorgeous as usual. I just wished they lasted longer as the spring rains can be rough on them. 

Yesterday I discovered one of my hens setting on a nest so looks like I will have spring chicks and all of my birdhouses are full of activity also. 

Hope spring is visiting for you all and the beauty of it is being enjoyed. 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

************************************

I can also be found at 

https://thebackfence.freeforums.net/




1 comment:

  1. I love seeing spring in your garden photos! One of our peony bushes has 5 blooms on it right now. It makes me smile. I tried columbine seeds once but they never really grew -- maybe I should try again.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails