Thursday, May 5, 2022

More Spring Garden 2022

 


Thursday morning cup of hot tea here as I listen to thunder rumble in the distance. Rain is forecasted for the next 2 days so I will put the garden away and concentrate on some housework and cooking. Thought I would share some more pictures of the gardens. The gooseberries above are swelling now and all the 8 bushes have berries on them now. 


Yesterday I got all my broccoli and cabbage plants in the boxes. They were the perfect size and ready for their permanent homes in the garden. Planting them right before rain will allow them to acclimate for the next two raiy days and not even wilt. Also got some romaine plants in the garden and bok choy. The red beans are breaking the soil.  Garden 2022 is well on it's way.


The black currants are now blooming and the black currant bushes I set out to root have all rooted also. I am sharing some on them with a young neighbor couple. 


And the green peas around the property planted on fences are now blooming. 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing your garden! My peas are blooming too. We've been eating salads from the garden for a couple of weeks now. I'm so glad I started greens early this spring, since we had warm weather in March and April.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails