Monday, July 13, 2020

Me and Loretta

Are you a country music fan? I grew up on country music and gospel. I always loved Loretta Lynn and Willie Nelson. 

Last Saturday was one of those days. Canning galore and we found out the company that Baby O works for closed it's doors so she is now unemployed. She is my youngest (early twenties) and the only unmarried one. She is a software analyst and has been on her own for several years now. Her Daddy told her to just come on home and regroup since her lease is up next month anyway. 

I was doing my canning and had on the radio and Loretta came on singing "One's on the way". 

You know it. 

Verse 2

I'm glad that Raquel Welch just signed a million dollar pact,
And Debbie's out in Vegas workin' up a brand new act.
While the TV's showin' Newlywed's, a real fun game to play;
But here in Topeka, the screen door's a bangin'
The coffee's boilin' over and the worsh needs a hangin'
One want a cookie and one wants a changin'
And, one's on the way.

So in the world right now. The virus is spreading like wildfire, statues are tumbling, riots in the streets and everyone is out of work. 

But here in the Holler:


The Beans need a snapping


Squash is a boiling


Pickles are a brining

And one's coming home!

Me and Loretta we got talent......




Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you and Loretta just made my day. I am still chuckling as I write this. Such a crazy world we live in, I am grateful for my 1/2 acre, was out in the yard at 6 before the sun came up over the mountain. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, CQ. I just read it out loud to Frank. (-:

    Got the squash, okra, tomatoes and peppers picked and now rain is on the way. I am always thankful when the Lord waters the garden for me.

    Be safe and healthy in this uncertain world.

    Blessings, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great your young one can land back at home for a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loretta is a favorite of ours, too! Love it that you will have Baby O home for a while. It's always good to welcome the young'uns back into the nest for a bit. I'm canning green beans and tomorrow it will be the freezer pickles. For supper tonight, boiled new potatoes cubed and sautéed with yellow squash, onions, and last year's frozen okra and sweet peppers. We call it Skillet Supper....all in one pan! Will have a heaping spoon of cottage cheese beside it! God Bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have talents. Many different ones. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to hear from you and my best wishes to Baby O. I am sure it will be great for you to have her home for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that song is in my head. Lol. Love Loretta. And I love your post. Thanks for blogging again. Cindy Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping she sees good things ahead, after the closed door of this job opens to a new door later. Enjoy being with your Baby O!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you can your squash? Curious as to times if you do. I canned yellow squash & zucchini last night 25 pints, 35 quarts. I have a serious abundance of squash this year. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not can squash anymore. I boil, puree it and freeze

      Delete
  10. I share your love of Loretta Lynne, and you were very creative with those lyrics. Hope all goes well for Baby O. We love our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In these crazy times, home is the best place for her to be! I'm glad she can come home and figure out her next step in safety and peace. Besides, you can put her to work!! lol!

    Wishing you all the best,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails