Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Cooking

Like most people my Thanksgiving consists of a great deal of cooking. Many of the recipes are recipes from the women of my family that have already passed away. Isn't it funny how the cooking carries on though. Like my mama's duck dressing.(For those of you who do not hunt, duck season is around the Thanksgiving holidays.)  Made with Duck meat instead of turkey and loaded with chopped eggs and duck meat and broth. Onions, green onions and corn bread and sage. What a great addition to that roasted turkey.
 And hot rolls brushed with melted butter straight out of the oven.
 And my Mama's Chocolate Sauce Cake made with buttermilk and cocoa. A moist chocolate sheet cake
 topped with a chocolate icing and chopped pecans
Baby Hank has learned a new word......More 

What dishes did you serve that are passed down through your family or friends for Thanksgiving?

Blessings from The Holler 

The Canned Quilter

3 comments:

  1. Scalloped Oysters is passed from Great Great Grandma, to Great to Grandma to Me to my daughter now. Made every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I hope your Thanksgiving was extra special : )

    We had my husband's Grandfather's dressing-and Granny's pumpkin pies : )

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails