Thursday, April 7, 2011

The First Fruit Blossoms


The plum trees are blooming! Here in Hickery Holler the 2 plum trees are always the first to bloom. We worry that they will get damaged by a late frost or storm but we usually always have atleast a few plums. Last year we had a bumper crop so we will keep our fingers crossed that our cold weather is indeed over. Meanwhile it never seems like it is officially spring until the fruit trees start to blossum.  The bees converge on the blooms like they are starving from a long winter without nectar and always insure a good pollination.



 Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

3 comments:

  1. The blossoms are beautiful and you captured them nicely, I've never seen a Plum blossom before (to know what I was looking at :o) thanks for sharing.
    Looks like a bumper crop to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so lovely and just think about all those wonderful sweet plums coming later!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails