Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cheesy Asparagus Casserole







The other day I pickled Asparagus and I saved the trimmings from the end of the spears that I had to cut away so they would fit in pint jars. So for supper that night I made a 7 layer salad and this asparagus casserole. It turned out great and is a good way to use up those trimmings that are tender. Any trimmings that were not tender went to the chickens.

Cheesy Asparagus Casserole

2 cups asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 oz mushrooms sliced
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 oz french fried onions


1. Butter a 9 inch casserole dish
2.Put a layer of asparagus on bottom and then top with a can of mushroom soup
3. put sliced mushrooms on top of soup and then add a layer of 1/2 the cheese
4. Add second layer of asparagus and end with a layer of other 1/2 of cheese
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly
6. Sprinkle Onion rings on top and put back in the oven for 5 minutes to brown.

Serve Hot   


What a great way to use up those trimmings and have a quick side dish for supper after a day of canning.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter 

2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely!

    I saw this and it made me think of you for some reason.

    http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2010/04/white-beans-and-sausage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good, thank you for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails