Thursday, April 14, 2022

Beneficial Insects In The Garden

 


Just a heads up to all you gardeners out there. As you are doing that early spring clean up, pruning and all around gardening be aware of the beneficial insects out there. As I was pruning some winter kill out of my black currant bushes I ran across the above egg sacks of praying mantis. I was careful not to disturb them because I hope to encourage a healthy population of praying mantis in my garden. They are excellent for helping to keep the bad bugs down. 

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

*************************************************
I can also be found at 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I would have had no idea what that was! I do have praying mantis in the garden, but will now be on the lookout for things that might be important, instead of being in a hurry to get done.

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails